Where do you ship?
Currently, we only ship to the 48 continental United States through our website. For Alaska and Hawaii, please call for shipping quote.
Is there a minimum order on livestock?
No, there is no minimum order.
How are live orders packed?
- Live orders are packed with care, expertise, and confidence.
- First, we only ship high quality, healthy specimens.
- Then, we use thick Styrofoam coolers, quality cardboard boxes, heat packs, cool packs, bubble wrap, and Styrofoam peanuts.
- Each specimen is placed in its own thick plastic bag, sometimes double, or triple bagged, with more than enough water and oxygen to make its trip.
- We make sure that while in the cooler, the specimen bags have absolutely no room to move or shift around during the transit to you.
- We do everything we can do to decrease stress on livestock so that it arrives healthy and ready to be acclimated into your tank.
How do I know when to expect delivery of my livestock order?
After we receive your livestock order, we will e-mail within 1-3 business days to let you set the shipping date. (CUT TO ORDER items may take up to 14 days to make sure the specimen is healed and healthy.) This way you know when to expect your shipment, and we know your order will be delivered when you are available to sign for it.
How will I receive my tracking number(s)?
After your order is shipped you will receive an email with the Fed Ex or UPS tracking number for your shipment.
Why are livestock orders not shipped immediately?
We take the time necessary to be sure that all livestock are fully acclimated, healthy, and eating well in our holding facility before shipping. We get a lot of orders daily but will only ship a maximum amount of live order boxes a day to ensure quality. Additionally, we will only ship livestock that meet our high-quality criteria.
- Most in-stock livestock orders are ready to be shipped within 3 business days of the order date.
- Livestock marked CUT TO ORDER are shipped within 14 days of the order date. We will keep you notified.
Why is it necessary for livestock to be acclimated at New York Reef Aquatic's holding facility?
Most livestock have already traveled thousands of miles before arriving at our holding facility. We must quarantine all livestock to make sure they are free from disease or pests and fully adjusted to aquarium life. This allows us to be sure that you get consistent high quality, well-adjusted livestock.