RETURNS & D.O.A POLICY
ALL DRY GOODS
New York Reef Aquatic is offering a refund within 14 days from the sale date. Item must be in the original box, opened boxes will require a 25% restocking fee. New York Reef Aquatic DOES NOT accept return and refund on used items. Please contact us for return RMA number. Customer is responsible for shipping fees.
FISH & CORAL
No returns or refunds. Store credit only for DOA.
Arrive Alive Guarantee:
- Please read 'Terms and Conditions' carefully.
- Please do not discard specimens without our consent as this will void our guarantee.
- If your deceased animal goes 'missing' or gets 'eaten', we will not provide a refund. Many missing animals are hiding and are not deceased. It is your responsibility to provide proof of the deceased specimen.
- Customer must sign for package on the first delivery attempt -- even if FedEx or UPS is late.
- If your order is delayed you are still required to receive it and acclimate all contents before contacting us. Delayed orders will be handled on a customer to customer basis.
- Customer must follow all acclimating procedures even if animals appear dead. While we pack with the utmost care, fish or corals may be stressed from shipping and will become more lively after acclimation and rest.
- Tank’s water chemistry must be within the following parameters: - Temperature – between 75°- 83° F and constant - Ammonia – 0.0 ppm - Nitrite – 0.0 ppm - Nitrate – 0.0-30 ppm - pH – 8.1-8.4 - Specific gravity – 1.020-1.025
- We will not be responsible for livestock that has died as a result of being harassed or picked on by other fish.
- Important - All live items are shipped by Fedex through Priority Overnight Service, Monday-Thursday and usually arrive by 10:30am EST or any time frame shown in the first. Please be informed that New York Reef Aquatic will not responsible for any delay by courier, weather, natural disaster or late pick up / recevive by customer. Certain remote areas are delivered later in the day. We use specific packing means necessary to ensure the safe arrival of your live coral. In the unlikely event of a DOA (Dead on Arrival), you must send a very clear digital photo within 2 hours of delivery (Fed-Ex posted time). We may ask for you to ship back the deceased animal, so please do not dispose of it. Once we receive the digital photo, and we receive the deceased coral (if applicable), we will issue a store credit. The store credit does not include the cost of shipping. We do not offer refunds, we only give credit toward future orders. You can use on www.newyorkreefaquatic.com
- We cannot be held responsible for mechanical or weather delays that may cause your Fedex shipment to arrive late. We can hold corals for up to one week once payment has been received, unless other arrangements are agreed upon. Beyond that, we are not responsible for the coral, and cannot guarantee replacement of the same coral purchased. We are not responsible for incorrect addresses provided by the buyer.
- We guarantee that all livestock will arrive alive and as described. In the event of DOA (Dead On Arrival) we must be contacted within 2 hours of package delivery (Fed-Ex posted time), along with clear photos of the dead coral both in the shipping bag and out of bag. BUYER MUST RECEIVE ITEM ON FIRST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. No exceptions or excuses, no credit without photo. No refunds or returns on Live purchases. Verified DOA's will be fully credited towards future purchases (minus any shipping charges). Once the livestock is in your tank, we have no control over the conditions, so no warranty is implied past delivery. If free shipping was applied to the order we will deduct all shipping costs from credit
How to submit a livestock claim:
- Please do not call for livestock losses, all losses must be reported via Email with pictures within 2 hours of delivery confirmation.
- We will not issue any refunds but will issue a store credit with a picture of the deceased submitted via email.
- We will not re-ship lost items, they will be credited instead and you may submit another order at a future date.
- You will receive a confirmation email to let you know your account has been credited.
- Sorry, we DO NOT issue credit or refunds for any shipping costs.